Thursday, March 20, 2014

A few days as a princess...

It's not every day you get to be hugged by Darcey Bussell.

So I hope you'll forgive me for, um, running on about it just a little bit more.

The photo below is courtesy of the RNA - Darcey is giving me the trophy, and I've just given her a copy of my book Ballroom to Bride and Groom ;)



And if you want to see my acceptance speech (a bit overwhelmed and incoherent, talking way too fast, and trying very hard not to cry) then lovely Fiona Harper filmed it, and you can see it on the Mills and Boon website right here.

Yesterday, I had lunch with my local RNA chapter to celebrate, which was fabulous (not to mention scrumptious - a week like this, I am so allowed to eat polenta chips covered with parmesan and we can ignore the calories). The same goes for the coffee and the very small Italian almond macaroon (which I prefer to the French type) in Carluccio's afterwards with Caroline Anderson.

I've been thoroughly spoiled with flowers.

These ones are from Caroline Anderson (same colour roses as the ones in my wedding bouquet).



Delphiniums from my bestest cousin (she knows I love them).


Irises from my best friend (who knows how much I love them).


And then this morning my publisher sent me champagne, chocolates and roses (and note the cute little ladybird on the chiffon ribbon - that amused me highly and I'm sure that will find its way into a book).


I've also had an orchid from another close friend, flowers from DH, cards and tons of lovely emails and kind messages.

Plus an interview with the local paper, and I'm off to talk to Stephen Bumfrey at BBC Radio Norfolk tomorrow.

I am enjoying having a few days as a princess (though I can't ignore the fact that the tumble dryer has been noisy for a month, spitting out bits for a week, and is threatening to blow up by the end of the week - so it's off to John Lewis at the weekend to sort out a new one - LOL, this is life going back to normal!).

Thank you to everyone who's been spoiling me and sharing the joy.

2 comments:

Lesley Cookman said...

Lovely post, Pam xxx

Kate Hardy said...

Thanks Lesley! xxx