Monday, December 31, 2012

Ring in the new

So – resolutions for this year? Actually, M&B asked me this, so I’m going to paraphrase my reply because I rather like having positive ones instead of negative ones.

#1 Work a bit harder (all right, at the back – what I mean by that is focus and do my daily work quota BEFORE I touch social media, and not let myself get distracted by the internet) and write books that really touch my readers’ hearts.

#2 Build on the progress I've made at this year at the gym so I can run a mile on the treadmill at a constant rate of 5 miles an hour by the end of April (that one might need tweaking as the muscle at the side of my calf really hurts if I overdo things – and because my gait is a bit weird the best compromise is neutral shoes, so I guess I need to work with my limits and stretch them gradually. I found out what they were, the week before Christmas, so I guess it’s learning to pace myself!).

#3 Tick something off my bucket list - I want to go to a live performance of my favourite piece of Beethoven for the very first time. (Shocking that I haven't done it before. And I want to do it NOW while I can still hear and enjoy it.) I have to admit that’s a terrible cheat as I actually had a couple of performances in mind when I said that. The next step was to negotiate a bit with DH, the kids and my BFF to find out who wanted to go with me and whether it was doable. Result: I’ve booked tickets for September – and I’m REALLY looking forward to it!

So what are your plans for this year?

1 comment:

Mary Preston said...

I don't make traditional New Year resolutions. I just want my life to full & happy.